For today's post, I've decided to share my closet setup with you guys. I'm kind of OCD, so I always make sure my closet is meticulously organized. It's so much easier to style outfits when things are in order.
1. Use shelves,drawers, and/or bins to store pieces that don't wrinkle. I divide my clothing into 5 categories and fold accordingly: skirts, shorts, tee-shirts, tanks, and pants.
2. Layer pieces of the same color & style on a single hanger, especially if you're trying to save space!
3. Color-code your wardrobe to style outfits with ease. You'll never have to ransack your closet again.
4. Store miscellaneous items in hanging storage racks. I keep my socks, tights, and leggings here. This may be too OCD for some people, but I like dividing them into sub-categories (i.e. patterned tights & black socks).
5. Invest in a belt ring or two. I used to roll my belts up, but it's so much quicker to just hang them. As an added plus, their shapes stay intact.
6. I store most of purses in an oversized bin, but I like to place structured pieces upright. I also like to stuff my bags with old clothing to preserve their shape.
7. Store your jewelry in pouches! I hang most of my necklaces & earrings but store the rest in boxes and bags in a compartment.
8. Hang statement necklaces on the walls with clear thumbtacks! It's a really practical way to display jewelry. Plus it doubles as wall art.