It’s no secret that I love Netflix streaming, and I thought it’d be fun to do something non-fashion/beauty/fitness related for once sooooo here are my top 5 fave Korean films on NF. I don’t know if you guys are into subtitled films, but if you are, check these out fosho. Oh, and they’re all BAMF action/thrillers.
1. The Man From Nowhere – Freakin’ a. What a crazy movie! Won Bin is a total bad-ass in this film. Unless you’re a korean drama/film junkie, you prolly have no idea who he is so you’ll have to trust me when I say he’s legit. Basically WB, a mysterious widower, jumps to the aid of his young neighbor when she’s kidnapped by a gang. Sounds generic but it’s seriously’ exciting. Also, WB is sexy as hell so there’s that.
2. I Saw the Devil – Aiite, heads up! This movie is crazy graphic/violent so if you don’t have a strong stomach, pass on this rec. Lee Byung Hyun, my fave korean actor, plays the lead in this movie. He’s a secret agent who seeks mad revenge on the serial killer who brutally killed his fiancée. FYI, this isn’t some sick movie that’s violent just for the sake of being violent (ie. Hostel) – there’s legit acting in this.
3. The Secret Reunion – An exciting movie fosho. Basically, a South Korean agent (knowingly) hires a North Korean spy for freelance detective work after messin’ up the arrest of a high-ranking assassin for redemption. See how it plays out!
4. New World – I freakin’ love gangster movies. Probably the best korean version I’ve seen thus far. The lowdown: an undercover cop is ordered to influence the election of Korea’s largest crime org. How far will he go to protect himself? Oooo, the suspense is totally killing you isn’t it *grins*
5. Commitment – Another film on North Korean espionage. With his sister held captive, see what happens to a highly-trained 19-year-old North Korean when he’s betrayed by his own government. This movie’s like the korean version of Jason Bourne. Oh, and the main character is SMOKIN’ hot.
Have you guys seen any of these? Do you like subtitled movies? Oh, and do you have any recs for me? I’m always lookin’ for fun new movies to stream!