I’m feeling very Spring-y! To celebrate the return of warm weather, I styled a summer dress for y’all. I worked with a vibrant color scheme for today’s post: violet + magenta + white. Do you guys like wearing bright colors? Which hues do you shy away from and why? I used to hate wearing brights. I only wore neutrals because I didn’t want to call too much attention to myself, haha. As y’all know, that changed (understatement of the year).
If you’d like to incorporate more color into your wardrobe, here’s how:
1. Incorporate pops of it. Don’t try to go all out at once especially if you don’t normally wear a lot of color.
2. Wear colorful jewelry! This is a really easy way to sport color in casual & formal wear. Brighten up a neutral outfit with vibrant statement pieces. Here’s an example for y’all; statement earrings or necklace (depending on the neckline) with an LBD. Because of the LBD’s all black canvas, you can sport whatever color/s you’d like!
3. Color block like a pro. If you’re new to this technique, start with two colors to keep things simple and follow this formula: bright shade + neutral shade (black, gray, white, taupe, etc.). If you want to bring in a third or fourth color, try using a different hue of a color you’re already wearing for a cohesive look.
4. Experiment with neon. Neon accessories add so much personality! Try wearing a pair of neon heels with your jeans/graphic tee or belting your basic black skirt/neutral blouse with a hot pink belt. A neon bag can do wonders as well! I own a really cute version from Rebecca Minkoff (This in neon yellow).
5. Try wearing colored denim. I own SO many pairs of jeans. I probably have about twenty pairs in different colors and prints. If you’re nervous about wearing neon bottoms (which I love BTW), stick with a pastel hue. Style them with a neutral top (like an ivory blouse) and throw on a pair of beige heels.
I have a billion other ideas, but I’ll stop there! I don’t want to bore you guys. Let’s get back to today’s OOTD.
A closer look at my jewelry courtesy of SoCal Gems – so beautiful! They’re def. my current fave pair of statement earrings! TIP: when sporting bold earrings, keep everything else simple on the jewelry front. If you really want to accessorize, try wearing a dainty necklace or thin bangles!
Yay for matching accessories. My shoes are available HERE for $16.99 (originally $24.99). Although these heels are hella cute – the mesh inserts are ridiculously adorable – they run large. I recommend going a half-size down! Also, these babies are surprisingly comfy for 4 1/4 heels, ha.
My magenta Givenchy’s new! I found it at TJ Maxx Runway *pumps fist* I freakin’ love that store. Who else shops at the Maxx? Have you guys found any designer gems there?
A full body shot for you guys!
Bag: Givenchy via TJ Maxx Runway
Shoes: c/o Pink Basis (on sale for $16.99)
Dress: c/o Charlotte Russe
Earrings: c/o SoCal Gems ($18)