Alright guys, I know I don’t usually blog about my personal life, but I thought it’d be fun to share for a change. As y’all know, I’m a pretty busy person. I spend most of my time practicing piano, teaching, studying, blah blah blah so I don’t have a chance to meet a ton of new people. Therefore I decided to give online dating a try.
I joined a bunch of different sites (e-harmony, tinder, etc.) but they all kind of sucked. Now I don’t mean to bash ’em because I have friends who’ve had mad success with them, I’m talkin’ marriage-success, but they just weren’t for me and that’s ok. OKCupid seemed to suck the least so I stuck with that.
Now don’t get me wrong. There are definitely catches online, but dang, you realllllly gotta sift through to find that diamond in the rough. And if you’re a girl on OKC, you’ll get bombarded with messages, which leads me to…
…things guys should NOT be doing on online dating sites. I think I speak on behalf of most girls when I say…
1. Don’t use a shirtless/headless profile pic. Seriously, even if you have a body of a greek god, you’ll look like a douche. And why are you cropping out your face? Makes us all wonder.
2. Do NOT send ethnic girls/WoC messages in Korean/Japanese/Chinese/etc. unless you can’t speak english. I know freetranslator.com is tempting but no. Just don’t. It’s actually pretty offensive, and by “pretty” I mean REALLY.
3. Do not get pissy if we don’t write back. Don’t be THAT guy. If you’re gonna badger a girl about visiting – OKC lets you know when someone checks out your profile – and not responding, you’re just gonna look like a whiny b*tch. Move on and let it go – plenty of fish in the sea!
4. When OKC asks you to list “Six Things I Could Never Do Without”, do not list “water” and “air”. WTF…Seriously? Do you think you’re being cute? Don’t list those as answers because we’ll most likely think you’re boring, corny and lame.
5. When you first message us on OKC, use correct spelling so we know you are literate. Do not write “where r u from” – not hot! And also while you’re at it, learn the difference between your/you’re and their/there/they’re. SMH. If you’re not sure, I suggest googling all that STAT… or going back to high school, shieeeet.
I hope you guys got a kick out of today’s post! I’m not normally this betchy, but I thought I’d do something extra fun for you guys today on SS. Let me know if you enjoyed this, ha! I’ll make sure to share more rants in the future if you did.
Lots of love,
Kim (I promise I’m a nice person, ha)
Have any of you guys tried online dating? If so, please feel free to share your experiences below!