Father’s day is fast approaching and, if you’re like me, you have no idea what to get your dad. Luckily, there are a ton of online resources to help you decide, including my ultimate father’s day gift guide. In the list below, I’ve created individualized sets for 5 different types dads and gave y’all a splurge, spend, and save gift option for each!
1. The Techie Dad
1. HSN Portable Charger – If your dad stays up-to-date with the newest technology then these are the items for him. If you have a techie dad he’s probably always on his phone, using up its battery all day. It’s annoying to have to take a charger with you wherever you go, plus it can be difficult to find an outlet at times. Help your dad preserve his phone battery with this neat little gadget. He can charge it alongside his phone each night and plug his phone in it whenever his battery starts to get low the next day.
2. FitBit Scale – With the sleek FitBit scale, your dad will quickly get his weight, BMI, lean mass, AND body fat percentage. It’s like a whole doctor’s visit in one easy step! The scale uses wifi to sync wirelessly with one’s devices and comes in two colors — black and white. It recognizes up to 8 users, so you can get use out of it, too!
3. Apple Watch – You guys probably already know all about the Apple watch, but its main function (besides telling time) is to send your phone’s notifications directly to your wrist. This is perfect for the Dad that’s constantly getting new texts and emails – he won’t have to get his phone out of his pocket to check it constantly anymore.
2. The Outdoorsy Dad
4. Helios Sun Hat – If your dad loves hiking, biking, or anything that involves the summer sun then he definitely needs a protective hat. This hat comes in four colors and has a 50+ UPF rating, meaning it can block a lot of sun! It also has a moisture resistant head band which helps keep sweat away from one’s brow.
5. Swiss Army Pocket Knife – A swiss army knife is a staple for any outdoorsy dad. This knife has anything and everything your father could ever need including four different kinds of bit wrenches! It comes in both navy blue and red so you can pick the perfect style for your father.
6. Walmart Cabin Tent – Finally, if your family likes to go camping then your dad needs a high-tech tent. This “Cabin Tent” is aptly named as it is honestly as big as a cabin. It can fit up to 12 people and has enough room for three queen-sized air mattresses! There are three different rooms inside this tent, and it comes in brown and red.
3. The Foodie Dad
7. Uncommon Goods Omelet Maker – If your dad loves food, he probably spends a lot of time in the kitchen; cooking is no quick task! This can make the early morning rush hard. He obviously wants to eat good food, but that’s hard when one only has 15 minutes to get to work! This omelet maker aims to help with that; it claims to cool omelets in only 45 seconds! All you have to do is put your ingredients into the clay bowl, stick it in the microwave for 45 seconds, and you have yourself an omelette! This bowl is handmade in Texas and comes in one design.
8. Amazon Portable Grill – The “Foodie Dad” probably spends a lot of time outside at the grill. Let’s be real, there’s nothing better than a summer barbecue in your backyard with your dad at the grill. However, what if you could have those summer BBQs at places other than your backyard? With this portable “suitcase” grill you can bring the party anywhere, to a beach, a park, a camping trip, wherever you want! The grill can cook for two people at a time and is made from stainless steel.
9. William Sonoma Knife Set – Knives are a necessity in every kitchen, and there’s nothing more desirable to a chef than a set of good knives. This particular set comes with 18 knives (made in Germany from high-carbon stainless steel) + a wood block for storage. A set of scissors are included as well!
4. The Dapper Dad
10. Maker’s Mark Bourbon Ice Tray – If your dad loves enjoying liquor in a classic scotch glass then you know he can’t use regular ice to chill his drink. With the Maker’s Mark ice tray, your father can make his own perfect bourbon ice balls. This tray makes four ice balls with the Maker’s Mark logo imprinted onto them.
11. Uncommon Goods Hygiene Kit – If keeping his moustache slick and hair gelled back is important to your father, he definitely needs the “Working Man’s Hygiene Kit.” This kit comes with walnut scrub, soap, knuckle wax, after shower oil, hand repair, foot relief, and lip balm. Basically, it contains everything your dad could ever need to stay clean and smooth.
12. Uncommon Goods Personalized Whisky Barrel – To go along with his new bourbon ice balls, your father needs a classy way to serve his drinks. You can get this cool Whiskey Barrel personalized with the owner’s Name, distillery name, year established, city, and state. It comes in two sizes — 2 liters and 5 liters– and you can add on a whisky making kit if you really want to spoil your dad.
5. The Sporty Dad
13. Thompson Sweat-Proof Tee – If exercise is important to your dad, he’s probably used to sweating through his shirts. With this Hydro-Shield tee that doesn’t have to happen anymore. It’s made from cotton and polyester and has a “patented sweat-proof barrier” that allows body heat and sweat to “escape as vapor.” Basically, your dad can go for long runs without coming home a smelly, drenched mess!
14. FitBit Flex Watch – Watches like the FitBit and Jawbone have been all over lately; people everywhere are wearing these gadgets. The FitBit Flex Watch is aimed towards activity and sleep, but it also records heart rate and fitness. This watch tracks your steps, distance, calories burned, active minutes, sleep, and has alarms to wake you up. It comes in ten different colors and has a large and small wristband to choose from.
15. GoPro Hero Camera – The last item on our list is a GoPro. If your father is full of adventure and constantly does new, fun things then he needs to get it on video for you and your family to watch! The GoPro is a small video camera that you strap onto yourself to record physical activities sans hands. It comes with a waterproof case so you can take it in the water!
What do you guys think of my ultimate Father’s Day gift guide? Are you going to be giving your dad any of these items? Let us know in the comments below if you like or dislike anything we listed!
Written by Zoe Luiz