I’m beyond excited to tell you guys about Smile Brilliant today on Sensible Stylista. I’ve been wanting to get my teeth professionally whitened for SO long. I recently cut coffee out of my diet, but it was a serious staple for me. You have to cut me slack though. Doctoral studies are HARD, and I needed pick-me-ups to keep me alert! I used to drink 4-5 cups a day -definitely NOT healthy or attractive for that matter. I mean, I don’t know about you, but I sure as hell don’t like having stained teeth, ha.
I never got a chance to get them prettied up, but lucky for me, Smile Brilliant sent me their whitening kit to review. This kit is MONEY! I can’t wait to tell you guys all about my experience. Let’s start with the starter kit pictured below: 3 sets of impression material (catalyst paste and base paste), impression trays, whitening gel, and desensitizing gel. It contains everything you need to create professional dental impressions, and it only costs $139.90 + shipping.
Here’s how it works:
1. Prepare your teeth – brush and floss thoroughly to create perfect impressions.
2. Mix the catalyst and base paste by continuously folding them in half until the putty becomes a solid blue. Do this quickly because the putty may harden if you take too long!
3. Place the putty in the tray and spread it evenly within 30 seconds. Place your teeth in the middle and position fingers on all 3 points on the bottom of the tray for 2 minutes.
4. Make sure you can see your impressions clearly! If you mess up, don’t sweat! You can use the tray again – just remove the material and start over with your extra paste.
A few things to remember:
1. Do not wiggle down on the impression or bite down.
2. Make sure you press deep enough – the paste should flow over your gum lines. Massage the overflowing material into your gums!
3. Do NOT make sure than one tray at a time because your putty will harden.
4. Let your impressions sit for 30 minutes before rinsing under cool water. Do not place them in your shipping envelope until they’ve hardened completely.
Here’s a shot of me demonstrating step 3 described above!
This is what your impression should look like! Remember to let it sit and harden for a half hour before rinsing under cool water. If you mess up more than once and need more putty, just shoot them an email at email@example.com or call 1.855.944.8361.
Now, all you have to do is ship them off in your pre-paid envelope! IMPORTANT: Remember to include the return impression card with your trays. Failure to receive it will delay your shipment because you need to agree to the terms in their standard informed consent.
They’ll get your molds in 3-4 business days (6-20 business days for international customers), and your custom whitening trays will be created and shipped to you within 5 days of receiving your impressions. Easy peasy, right?
Here are pics for you guys – fyi, the first mold won’t come with your trays! I just wanted to show you guys a shot because I thought it looked cool, ha.
Here are the personalized trays you’ll get…
Exciting right? Now it’s go time! Grab your starter kit and take out your whitening gel syringe (pictured below, next to my toothbrush). Before you whiten, make sure you floss and brush thoroughly – fyi, using toothpaste containing fluoride will slow the whitening process.
Simply remove the breakaway cap and apply a thin layer of gel to your trays. Make sure your trays are clean and dry because moisture will reduce the efficacy of the gel. Also, don’t go too crazy with the gel – a little goes a long way because overloading may actually cause tooth sensitivity and gum irritation. Once you put ’em on, wipe away excess gel with a moist q-tip.
You can keep them for a min of 15 minutes or a max of 3 hours, but I only kept them in for 30 minutes. I used them diligently every day for a week, and even within that short time, I got fantastic results. FYI: the longer the whitening gel is in contact with your teeth, the quicker your stains will go bye-bye. It’s all up to you! Do as short or as long as you want. The experience will vary for everyone so use your own judgement.
Moving on, after cleaning your trays, apply a thin layer of desensitizing gel to your trays and leave them in you mouth for 5-15 minutes. Afterwards, spit the remaining gel out without rinsing, and refrain from eating food or drinking liquids for 30 minutes. Constant saliva is necessary for the finalization of this process!
Here’s a before shot of my teeth:
…and my after! Aren’t my teeth much whiter? I absolutely LOVED using Smile Brilliant because it was super convenient and effective. I can’t recommend them enough! I mean, it boggles my mind that I can give myself a professional whitening treatment in the convenience of my home. If you’re still not convinced, you can watch/read more reviews HERE.
What do you guys think of Smile Brilliant? Do you see yourself trying them out?
Sponsored by Smile Brilliant, but all opinions are my own.