Alright guys, today’s post is extra sensible because I’m going to tell y’all how to give yourselves pro manicures at home. You’re welcome in advance – not only am I going to help you save mad dough, you’re going to do so while maintaining your nail game. So, without further ado, let’s get right to it! Here are my must-haves:
1. Zoya Remove+ Nail Polish Remover ($11) – To give yourself a killer mani, you need to start with a solid base. That means, thoroughly removing any polish you’ve applied previously! This product does an outstanding job. It doesn’t dry you out – brittle nails are the worst – and as a plus, the pump’s extremely convenient. It’s much gentler than other regular removers yet gets the job done in a few swipes with little or no effort.
2. Ulta Nail Clippers ($5) – Before filing your nails, you need to shape them by carefully clipping them. I like using these babies from Ulta – they have a streamlined design for effortless control and tapered edges for superior cutting. They’re super light yet sturdy!
3. Emjoi Micro-Nail Device ($39.95) – After clipping, you want to gently file your nails into shape – go for a slightly rounded shape or square-rounded edge. Metal or coarse files can do serious damage. Do your fingers a favor and invest in the Micro-Nail device pictured above. This unique device has an innovative roller spinning 360 degrees at 30 times per second to gently buff away ridges, imperfections and discolorations while adding shine. A huge thanks to Lipton PR for letting me sample this product. Note: don’t buff nails too smooth or else your polish won’t adhere.
4. OPI Nail Polish ($10) – After soaking your hands in warm water, removing callouses/excess cuticles, and moisturizing, paint your nails with your favorite polish. Personally, I love OPI! I’m currently obsessed with this pastel mint green – it’s called “That’s Hula-rious,” ha! The new Hawaii Collection is on point. Anywho, remember to pain your nails in layers. If you have weak nails, use a base! Then, apply your color polish in layers – two should do the trick, but remember to let each layer dry in between.
5. Orly Polishield ($10) – To finish off your mani, apply a layer of this 3-in-1 topcoat to strengthen and protect your nails. It dries super fast and isn’t thick like most! It’ll keep your mani from chipping and help you maintain serious shine – your nails will seriously look glasslike. Tip: touch up your nails every two days or so with a layer of topcoat to extend your mani’s life span. Trust me when I say it’ll make a world of a difference!