Alright guys, it’s time for some real talk. We all wish we could sleep 7-8 hours each night, but that just doesn’t seem possible in this day and age. We’re all hustling to become the best we can be, and that requires serious sacrifice, which brings me to my latest. For today’s post, I’ll be sharing my tips on how to stay fully alert throughout the day.
1. Rest your eyes for a bit, especially if you’re staring at a screen for a prolonged period of time.
2. Practice acupressure – try stimulating different pressure points.
3. Catch up with a friend during a short ten-minute break.
4. Turn your lights up or get some sun!
5. Take a minute to stretch.
6. Watch ONE funny video on youtube.
7. Squeeze in a quick workout or do a bit of light exercise.
8. Take a break and play with a furry friend.
9. Stand while you work – some swear by standing desks.
10. Take a power nap – 5-20 minutes can do wonders for your focus.
11. Switch tasks to avoid monotony.
12. Chill in front of the air conditioner for a bit.
13. Down a glass of water to stay hydrated.
14. Sniff some peppermint oil.
15. Look at flashing colors to stimulate your brain – you can even download an app for it on your phone!
16. Munch on a healthy snack and avoid overeating at lunch. Like Steve Jobs said, “stay hungry.”
17. Play a quick game on your phone.
18. Keep your workplace cool.
19. Down a cup of espresso (or a caffeinated beverage of your choice).
20. Take a quick shower.
21. Watch a motivational clip to stay inspired – sometimes that’s all you need to get back into the game!
22. Practice deep breathing to reduce anxiety and increase focus.
23. Blast your favorite tune and sing along with it.
24. Chew on some bubblegum.
25. Splash your face with cold water.
And that’s it folks! I hope y’all found this helpful. If you did, please take a moment to share this post with your friends. Also, if you enjoyed this post, you’ll love “8 Ways to Maintain Your Health When You’re Busy as Hell.” Happy reading, everyone! Sending lots of love from the DMV.