Guys, I didn’t know what to title this post because there are so many different things I want to talk about! I ultimately went with this since today’s post’s mostly about my new tweed coat, but we’ll be discussing a lot more than that. Let’s just start there though! If you’re looking for a fancy new coat, this piece is an absolute must-have. It’s a really cute, and I love that it makes a statement all on its own.
You can dress it up like I did below or wear it with jeans for a cute casual look. It’s made of shimmering multi-colored tweed and has fake pearls for buttons (fyi, they don’t look cheap even though they’re fake =P). On top of that, it has padded shoulders and frayed trimming. I’m wearing a size small, and it fits me well! Chinese clothing companies tend to have a bad rep, but Chicwish is one of the good ones so don’t be afraid to give ’em a shot. Always remember to check measurements though because sizing can vary! For those of you interested, this coat’s still available for purchase online.
I decided to share another fancy look with you guys today because I got a lot of emails regarding the emerald dress I featured. You asked for more budget-friendly dress picks, and I’m more than happy to oblige – so, I’ll be sharing more of my faves below! For my latest OOTD, I remixed this gorgeous number from Undeniable Boutique. If you want to read more about my current obsession in NOVA, check out my feature on them here.
I featured this dress on Sensible Stylista not too long ago. I dressed it down for a trendy everyday ensemble but decided to take things up a notch for today’s post. I paired the piece with my new tweed coat and accessorized with a matching bag and a gorgeous layered choker (both from Charming Charlie). I wanted my look to pop so I finished it all with gold heels. Which look do you guys prefer, casual or fancy?
Other fabulous holiday dress options all under $50:
It’s no secret that Mosaic district is one of my FAVE places to hang, and it’s because it has everything I like all in one place. If you live in the DMV and don’t go often, I don’t know if we can be friends, ha! In all seriousness though, I’m a huge fan, and here’s why:
- Choolaah: fast casual Indian cuisine that’s SUPER yum and affordable. Try their chocolate truffle, mango lassi, biryani and/or chicken tikka masala.
- Dolcezza: incredible gelato. Try dark chocolate and black sesame if they’re available!
- Jinya Ramen Bar: REALLY good ramen – you can’t go wrong here so just pick a bowl of your choice.
- Sisters: the best thai I’ve had in the DMV thus far.
- Ted’s Bulletin: delish American food – remember to get a homemade brown sugar pop tart.
- Arielle Shoshana: a must for those of you looking for a unique scent.
- Neiman Marcus Last Call: this location ALWAYS has good stuff so def. take a look!
- Undeniable Boutique: super unique clothing that’ll impress any and everyone.
BTW, they always have fun events scheduled so subscribe to their email list to stay in the know. In honor of the holidays, they have “Merry and Bright Shopping Nights” scheduled. Their last one’s on 12/21 from 6-8PM so make sure you head on over to do your holiday shopping in style!
Photography by bestie Sung Shin.