Who’s excited for this month’s beauty favorites? I hope you guys are ready to read about my current obsessions because I, for one, can’t wait to share! I’ll be telling you guys about seven fabulous products today so get ready, friends. We’re going to tackle Jaqua’s heavenly caramel cappuccino body wash, an amazing new eyeshadow palette from Make Up For Ever, amongst so much more.
1. Make Up For Ever Hydrating Base ($37): Hands down, the most amazing primer I own. It moisturizes my skin, provides a smooth base, and makes sure that my make-up stays put all day and/or night. If you’re planning on using foundation, make sure you apply this beforehand to get an even coat. Your skin will look fresh and flawless. Tip: if you’re using a beauty blender, use this product to “wet” the sponge before dispensing foundation onto it. It’ll help the sponge absorb less and provide a supple looking finish.
2. Exuviance Sheer Daily Protector ($42): Thanks to brandbacker, I had a chance to try this fabulous product out. As you all know, sunscreen is an absolute must in my book. I wear it religiously! If you don’t use it daily, start doing so ASAP. SPF helps protect your skin against photodamage. This item’s an ultra-fine transparent mineral sunscreen – the weightless fluid blends effortlessly on clean skin, or layered under makeup.
The universal tint smoothes imperfections and helps natural skin tone appear more even – a definite plus when you’re too lazy to wear concealer, CC cream or the like. Multi-antioxidants Vitamin E and Lactobionic Acid fortify skin’s natural defense, fighting free radicals before they can cause premature aging. A PHA/Bionic complex helps prevent collagen breakdown to maintain firmness. On top of it all, a highly purified and concentrated form of Green Tea Extract reduces cell breakdown and helps protect cellular DNA for healthy skin. Remember to shake the product vigorously for 15 seconds or so to ensure product consistency before use.
3. It Cosmetics CC Cream ($38): I am officially obsessed with IT Cosmetics. You seriously can’t go wrong with their line – all their products are incredible. This CC cream is a multi-tasking beauty miracle. ITC worked with plastic surgeons to develop this correcting cream, and it’s clinically proven to improve skin. It’s infused with cutting edge anti-aging tech that improves texture, brightness and increases hydration by 79%. The product’s highly pigmented so it’ll give you full coverage without creasing or cracking. It also protects with SPF 50+.
4. Make Up For Ever Artist Palette – Spring Flower ($44): If you’re looking for a fun new eyeshadow palette, make sure you check out Make Up For Ever’s Spring Flower set. It contains nine (3 perfectly matched trios) delicate yet versatile shades inspired by a fresh, blossoming spring bouquet. Innovative “gel-powder” formula boasts intense color pay-off and blendability.
5. Jaqua Caramel Cappuccino Shower Syrup ($24): Amazing shower gel that smells delicious enough to eat – a lusciously thick and creamy wash blended with coconut oil for deep hydration, mango extract for nourishment and avocado oil for softening. This soap’s made in the USA and tested on humans, not animals! FYI: they also carry four other scents: buttercream, raspberry, champagne, and coconut.
6. Shiseido Ibuki Multi Solution Gel ($38): Zap zits effectively with this uniquely textured beauty gel. It repairs breakouts, roughness, and dry patches while minimizing the appearance of pores. You can apply it all over your face, but I recommend using it as a spot treatment. It’s gentle so your skin won’t peel. To fight an especially pesky pimple, use Queen Helene’s Mint Julep Masque beforehand.
7. Make Up For Ever HD Microfinish Powder ($34): Love, love, LOVE this setting powder. Get ridiculously smooth skin with this product. Make Up For Ever’s HD Powder softens the appearance of imperfections, fine lines, and pores, giving one an “instagram filter” like finish. Your skin will look velvety smooth, and you won’t experience any caking whatsoever. This product’s perfect for everyday use – it’s invisible so it won’t affect your foundation color at all. TIP: Use a powder kabuki brush to press and roll powder on the center of your face, then dust to remove any excess powder.
And that’s a wrap, friends! I hope you guys enjoyed reading all about my February beauty favorites – to read up on other fabulous products, click here. Until next time! Sending so much love from the DMV.