Alright guys, it’s time for my third and final collaboration with Hanky Panky – click on the respective links for for collab 1 and collab 2. For today’s post, we’re going to talk about this must-have lace bralette and discuss 10 different ways to wear it on the regular. I’m picky about bralettes because – this may come off as ridiculous but stay with me – I’m self-conscious about my armpit fat. If a top pinches that area, it makes it look SO much bigger than it is so I seek designs that flatter.
Hanky Panky has SO many great options available. I’m wearing their retro longline bralette ($68) for today’s post, but here are other styles I really love:
Hanky Panky’s retro longline cami is available in two other colors (white and purple), but I got mine in black. White’s great for summer, but I wanted one I could wear all year round. Note: there’s no back closure so you have to slip it over your head, but it’s super comfortable once it’s on. It fits A-C cups best so if you’re bigger up top, you’ll probably want something with a bit more support. Their cups are lined with super-soft cotton, and straps are adjustable so fit shouldn’t be an issue. Feel free so reach out with any questions – I’m always happy to hear from you guys.
For today’s OOTD, I paired my bralette with a high-waisted skort for a cute everyday look. I then threw on my favorite summer button-front and wore shoes to match. I’d typically wear casual sandals/slip-ons, but I was going out to dinner so I decided to step up my game with these platforms. There was a lot going on with texture so I skipped jewelry altogether to keep things clean and simple. So, what do you guys think of bralettes – are they a wardrobe must-have in your opinion? Let me know what you think by leaving a comment below. Now, as promised, let’s talk about different ways to style this baby!
10 Foolproof Ways to Wear Bralettes on the Daily:
- Pair your bralette with a high-waisted bottom of your choice (skort, short, skirt, etc.). The vibe will vary depending on what you choose. If you wear it with a skater skirt, you’ll look cute. Culottes? Sophisticated. Maxi skirt? Feminine. And so on and so forth!
- “Tame” a plunging neckline with a bralette, whether it be a top or a dress.
- Wear it under a sheer blouse for a sexy vibe. The top can be tight or loose – both look great!
- Style it with a slouchy knit and wear it off shoulder to show off your strap.
- Layer it on top of a tee shirt for a fashion-forward look.
- Experiment with volume! Bralettes are fitted so they look great when paired with flowy maxis or wide-leg pants.
- Wear it under a muscle tank (or any tank with deep arm cuts) for a cool, casual look. Think joggers for athleisure done right or jeans for a preppier vibe.
- Pair them with overalls for a cute but trendy ensemble that’s perfect for everyday wear.
- Try wearing your bralette of choice with a low-back top. This is a great option for fall, when you’re looking to incorporate transitional pieces for max wear.
- Style it with a pencil skirt and blazer for a chic but edgy office look.
So, which outfit formula do you guys like best? The high-waisted bottom + bralette combo is my personal go-to! Anywho, I hope you guys found this guide helpful – if you want visuals, let me know. For other posts like this, check out my how-to tab for similar content. Until next time, friends!