Alright guys, it’s time for my August beauty favorites! I’m super excited to tell you all about my current obsessions. If you’re looking for a new shampoo or a killer highlighter, you definitely need to bookmark this post – featuring Marc Jacobs, Aveda, Supergoop and more.
1. Aveda Shampure Shampoo ($13.50) – I can’t even begin to tell you guys how much I love this shampoo. It’s super gentle, and it works with all hair types. It’s infused with 25 pure flower + plant essences so it smells like heaven. Note: a little goes a long way so don’t go too crazy – a dime-sized amount will get the job done. It lathers nicely and rinses out easily. Yes, at $13.50 it’s pricier than drugstore shampoos, but it’s worth the extra cash. Your scalp will feel really clean, and your mane will feel ridiculously soft. Rating: 5/5 because this item’s incredible!
2. Marc Jacobs Glow Stick ($42) – I find the effect of this luminizer intoxicating. If you’re looking to elevate your look for a special occasion, make sure you try this product out at your local Sephora. It gives you a very subtle but sexy glow that seriously wows. I like to apply it with my finger and blend it with a sponge. The color’s really pretty (think champagne-esque), and it’ll stay on all night. It contains shimmer, but it’s tasteful, not tacky. I recommend putting it on your cheekbones and décolletage. It’s also super buildable so you can layer all you want! Rating: 4.5/5 – it loses half a point for the price.
3. Maybelline Lip Color Palette ($13.99) – Obsessed with this palette. There are eight lippies total, and they’re all pretty in their own right. If you’re not a fan of a particular color, no worries – you can mix and match to your heart’s desire. They’re soft & super blendable so you can easily create your own custom shade/s. The included lip brush works really well so application’s easy. I just wish there was a mirror! If you need to reapply, just make sure you have your cell phone handy because your cam conveniently doubles as a makeshift mirror! Rating: 4.3/5 – it gets 5 stars for color + finish, 3.5 stars for lasting power, and 4.5 stars for price.
4. Supergoop Sunscreen Serum ($42) – If you’re looking for a lightweight product that provides serious SPF protection + hydration, make sure to check this baby out. It goes on a bit “thick,” but once you rub it in, your skin eats it up within seconds. There’s no grease or white cast either. I like to slather this on after washing my face first thing in the morning. I personally haven’t experienced any pilling, but I’ve heard that others have. If you’re worried, wait 15-20 minutes before applying BB cream/foundation/etc. Rating: 4.5/5 – like the glow stick featured above, I deducted a half point for the price.
5. Maybelline Master Contour Stick ($9.99) – This baby glides on smooth and is super easy to use. Cream contouring seriously couldn’t get any simpler – just outline your face with the stick and blend it all in with a sponge. The effect’s subtle so it all looks very natural. If you want a more dramatic look, simply get your layer on. IMHO, the contouring side’s BAMF, but the highlighter’s just ok. I sometimes use the latter on my under eye area + nose, but I prefer powder alternatives. I own this product in “light,” but it’s also available in medium and dark. Rating: 4/5 – minus 1 point for the highlighter.
6. Pixi by Petra Multibalm ($12) – Available in 5 colors total, these multibalms are made with aloe vera, shea butter and rose hip oil. These creamy sticks double as lippies & blushes, and they’re quite pigmented. My favorites are as follow: Baby Petal (a pretty medium pink), Wild Rose (a gorgeous mauve rose), and Watermelon Veil (a beautiful light pink). As always, color’s buildable so if you want a more intense look, simply layer and blend with a sponge. This product gets a 5/5 for practicality, price and quality.
How did you guys enjoy this month’s roundup? Definitely let me know what you thought of these products by leaving a comment below. To browse more of my favorites, click here. Until next time, friends.