This shop has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertiser. All opinions are mine alone. #SchwarzkopfGliss #blissofGliss #CollectiveBias
As you know, I’m all about looking glam on a budget. So, I’ve partnered up with Gliss® for today’s post to tell you how to restore hair health with their Ultra Moisture line. It’s available at CVS (along with 3 other sub-lines: ultimate repair, oil nutritive, and color guard), and I for one am SO stoked that it’s affordable yet super effective. I don’t know how much you guys know about hair health, but Keratin (a protein found in skin, hair and nails) plays a crucial role in protecting your mane. GLISS® products contain hair-identical Keratin that help strengthen and smooth, and their patented technology repairs up to 10 layers deep.
Their products combine keratin technology with essential benefits like color protection, intense hydration, long-lasting volume, and weightless nourishment to restore hair health so you get the repair you need without having to compromise. They’re scientifically designed and tested to deliver proven, measurable results, whether the damage is from styling, coloring, activity, or the nature of the hair itself. The Nobel Prize awarded tech detects even the smallest damages inside the hair cells and precisely adjusts to its shape.
Some common stress factors are mechanical influences (think combing and brushing), temperature (from hair tools like dryers, irons, etc.), environmental influences (ie. sunlight and chlorine water), and chemical treatments ( ex. coloring). Those are all pretty standard, but here are 7 weird things that you may NOT have known…
- Water: The same thing that cleans our hair can also damage our hair. Salt water and chlorinated water are the worst offenders. Every time you wet your hair, your color fades and leaving your hair wet for too long causes the hair to swell, which can cause splits and breakages. Water is the number one reason why you can still find that your hair is breaking or has split ends even if you never blow-dry your hair.
- Brushing: It’s a myth that you should brush your hair a hundred times a day to have healthy shiny hair. It doesn’t help at all. It’s also more likely that brushing the wrong way is damaging your mane. Be extra gentle, and make sure you invest in a good quality brush.
- Twirling: Dirt from your hands transfers across to your hair making it heavy and limp. The constant touching causes breakage as well. Note to self, keep your hands out of your hair!
- Hair Accessories: Elastics are not the gentlest on your hair. They snag and cause breakages, especially at the ends of your hair where it’s weaker so don’t tie your hair up when it’s wet, and go for loose ponytails when possible.
- Your Handbag: This one’s a shocker, but when you carry a shoulder bag or crossbody, it’s easy to catch your hair underneath the strap. That regular wear and tear on the same side of your head causes split end breakage, and eventually, your hair will just snap off.
- Your Pillow: Not putting your hair to bed properly at night also causes damage. I didn’t really think that a pillowcase would make a big difference…until I switched to silk. Not only is it so much smoother on your hair, it reduces frizz and stops those pillow creases forming.
- Wearing the Same Style Everyday: It may seem easier to wear the same ponytail or bun every day but it’s damaging your hair. Tight hairstyles constrain your hair, and placing your hair band in the same place daily will cause a ring of breakage around your hair.
Now that we got that out of the way, let’s talk products! Sidebar: I’ve been looking for solid hair repair products because I recently got a perm, and it left my hair dry and damaged. So, here are my thoughts on Schwarzkopf + Gliss® ™ Ultra Moisture shampoo, conditioner, and anti-breakage treatment after using them consistently for 3 weeks. The aforementioned products definitely helped my mane return to form. My hair looks and feels MUCH better so I’m very happy with the results. The products smelled really great (nice and subtle), and I loved the texture of it all because it wasn’t sticky or overly soapy.
I got great lather out of the shampoo, and my hair felt super clean afterwards. The conditioner complemented the shampoo beautifully, and the treatment felt extremely luxe. Use the latter 2-3 times a week for best results. A little goes a long way so don’t go too crazy! I recommend using a quarter-sized dollop of product. Leave it in for 4-5 minutes to really let it set and rinse with lukewarm water. TIP: hot water may FEEL good, but it dries you out so try to use cooler h2o whenever possible. Also, note that this line is NOT just for damaged hair that’s in need of serious SOS. It makes for a great everyday wash so run, don’t walk!
Anywho, definitely let me know what you guys think after giving this line a try. As mentioned previously, Gliss® has other sub-lines available. I’m planning on trying their Ultimate Repair line next. It won Allure’s Best of Beauty Award for best shampoo + conditioner for damaged hair so I want to test it out for myself and see how well it works. What do you guys do to keep your hair in tip-top shape?
To see more from them, check out their instagram account or product page to restore hair health stat! And as always, please feel free to reach out with any questions or concerns. I’m always happy to hear from you all so don’t hesitate to shoot me a message. To see more beauty posts, check out THIS tab here.