Yay for grand openings! I don’t usually go to local events, but I’ve decided to be much more active this year. I’m going to try and have a social life for once, ha. For those of you who don’t know me, I’m a serious workaholic. I spend all my time trying to better myself – productivity makes me happy, and I dig the hustle. With that said, it doesn’t hurt to have some balance! Soooo, my mom and I decided to go to Soft Surroundings’ grand opening at Fairfax Corner.
If you guys live in the DMV, you need to check Fairfax Corner out stat – it’s a really cute shopping complex with tons of stores and restaurants. This was actually my first time at a Soft Surroundings. I was excited because I didn’t know what to expect. After browsing, here’s what I can tell you guys:
- They’re a lifestyle brand – they sell home goods, make-up/skincare, clothing, and more!
- I’d describe their clothing as Chico’s meets Free People. They carry a lot of cute stuff, but IMHO, their line’s geared towards gals in their late 20s+/early 30s.
- Their interior decor is legit. Lots of fresh flowers everywhere, and the store styling is on point. Serious props to Soft Surroundings – I couldn’t stop snapping pictures because everything was so pretty, ha.
- Their clothing’s reasonably priced, which is great! Most of their stuff was under $100.
- Every grand opening should have free champagne and macarons, ha. Seriously though.
Have any of you guys shopped at a Soft Surroundings? Let me know by tweeting or commenting below. You all know how much I love hearing from you all. Also, a huge thanks to the Virginia’s Blogger Club and Jim Manno (PR Manager of Soft Surroundings) for having me there as media. To read more about my adventures in the DMV, click here.