Guys, I’m pretty much dead right now – please send hugs and positive energy my way. I usually write my posts late at night (aka when I’m half-delirious) so I apologize in advance for typos and whatnot. Anywho, I got some not-so-great news yesterday so I’m a little bummed – will share more in time, but I don’t really feel like talking about it at the moment! Anytime I feel bad, I just want to veg out, but I’ve been fighting through the pain and negativity. I worked out twice as hard yesterday, and I’m proud of myself for doing so.
I DID get some cool news though so I guess it all balanced out in the end. I know I’m being super vague right now, but I promise to spill the beans (most likely on Monday) as soon as everything’s confirmed. Now, before I get into highlights, I want to talk a bit about t0day’s OOTD first. I recently purchased this cool floral long shirt from Zara for $9.99, and it’s bae. I paired it with a cool navy tank and threw on a cozy cardi on top for max warmth. My skinnies are from Aero, and they’re THE most comfortable ever. If you’re looking for super flattering denim that won’t break the bank, give them a shot. I can guarantee with 99% certainty that you’ll love them. Aero doesn’t seem to have the best rep, but I swear to god, their jeans are just as legit as expensive @$$ designer denim – will link cool styles for y’all below.
Aero jeans will blow your mind…for realz…
Happy highlights from the last fews days…
- Hitting up Honeygrow with Rach aka Like the Tea Eats: I love trying new places, and I adore Rachel so this was a win on every level. She’s one of my fave food bloggers in Baltimore – she has amazing content and is a wonderful person so you should definitely check her out. Anywho, she has a 9-5 so we met up for a quick lunch at Harbor Point. I actually didn’t know about Honeygrow until Justin (aka DCFoodPorn) recommended them to me at our last hang! Glad I listened to him because the food was really good. If you’re looking for healthy but tasty food, make sure to head on over. They have all kinds of noodz and stir-fry options! I got the sweet soy five spice bowl (brown rice, togarashi spiced turkey, green beans, red onions, and sesame seeds), and Rachel got their red coconut curry (rice noodles, chicken instead of the roasted spicy tofu that’s recommended, pineapples, jalapeños, bean sprouts, scallions, and cilantro). I got to taste a bit of hers, and I really liked the flavor, but it needed a bit more sauce! Mine was much more flavorful, and I’d totally get it again because I was a fan. Also a must-try there: their cold-pressed juices. I got their orange, carrot, lemon and ginger juice, and it was ah-MA-zing.
- Finding a NEW cake at Whole Foods: Soooo, I raved about their crumble cake in this post, but now it’s time to recommend their marble angel cake. How are all their baked goods SO freaking moist? They have three different kinds, but marble is def. the way to go – it’s a combo of vanilla AND chocolate so you’re getting the best of both worlds. OH, and I tried more of their fresh pasta, lol. Last time I got pumpkin spaghetti, and it was goals. This time, I got their portabella mushroom ravioli – I TOLD you I would – and it was even better than the pumpkin noodz. Also, I found out that they sell pumpkin pappardelle (!!!!) game f*cking over. I’m getting that the next time around and possibly a serving of their gnocchi, too. #WatchKimGetFat
- Lunching at Copper Canyon Grill with mi madre: I got an invite to cover CCG (in Silver Spring, MD) for Nomtastic Foods, and we love, love, LOVED their food. Prices were SUPER affordable, portions were ginormous, service was impeccable, and everything was damnnnnn fresh. I am all about their restaurant now and will definitely visit them again in the near future. I’m gonna write a detailed recap on the food blog soon-ish so make sure you keep an eye out. If you can’t wait until then, here are my immediate recommendations: their cornbread, their french dip sammy, their hickory grilled tenderloin filet, and their BBQ ribs.
- Scoring two new kicks at DSW: I hit up the DSW in Columbia, MD the other day and purchased TWO ridonkulously cute shoes! They were and are still having a huge blowout (an extra 30% off of marked-down items + extra clearance discounts) so pay them a visit to score some new kicks. I got fab Pour La Victoire boots for $38 (originally $250+) and cute Chinese Laundry slippers for $16. Yay for great deals!
- Movie night with my favorites: …my favorites meaning my pup and my mom, haha! They really ARE my favorites though. I wanted to spend quality time with them so we hit up TWO movies in one night – we’re such party animals, haha. We like thrillers/action films so we hit up Untraceable and Operation Chromite on Netflix. The former’s about a cray serial killer who livestreams his murders, and the latter’s about the South Korean resistance during the Korean War (more specifically, the Battle of Inchon). Both were entertaining but I’d definitely recommend the second option more (as long as you don’t mind reading subtitles). What kinds of movies do you guys enjoy watching? Are there any recs you’d like to share with me?
Photography by the amazing Sung Shin.